The rear view mirror is an important part of your car. With the help of it, you are able to view vehicles that are behind you while you are on the road. If it is broken, you can really get into trouble. This mirror is basically attached on the windshield. To attach the mirror to the windshield, a strong adhesive glue is required.
Imagine you have to get somewhere and as soon as you step into your car, you find the rearview mirror on the car instead of the windshield. Wouldn’t you be frustrated? However, you will consider to back the rear view mirror back on. The process of reattaching the mirror onto the windshield is quite simple. All you have to do is be a little patient and follow all the steps correctly. Reattaching a mirror is not only easy, but it’s also very cost effective. The very first thing you would need to do is find a very strong adhesive that sticks mirror in place. To start the process, you would require following three things;
- You would see a metal piece that is originally glued to your windshield. First you have to remove that piece from the mounting bracket of the rearview mirror with the help of a screwdriver.
- Once you got it removed, you are going to clean it with a sandpaper to remove any previous excessive adhesive for a smooth surface. Take a scraper and scrape off any residue from the old adhesive.
- In the next step, before going inside of the car, get closer to the outside of the windshield and make a trace around the perimeter of the old adhesive. This step is a must so that when you go inside of the car you know where to reapply the button.
- In this step, get inside the car and scrape the old adhesive. Consider wearing some safety glasses.
- In the second step, if we wouldn’t have traced the adhesive on the outside of the windshield, we would have no idea where the original location of that button.
- We have to prepare the surface to reapply the adhesive to attach the mirror. In this step, get yourself a strong adhesive. Open up the activator, and clean the window and let it air dry. Also clean the back side of the button with the activator and let it set for two minutes.
- Now take your adhesive and open the packet. Hold the button and apply a nice drop of adhesive right in the middle of that button.
- Then take the button and push it up on the windshield and hold it there for one minute. After firmly pressing it for a minute, let it set for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, hold your mirror and install it to the button.
- Once the mirror has been installed, come out of the car and wipe off the mark with some glass cleaner and clean the windshield inside and out.